Wednesday, March 23, 2016

About Me

Hello everyone,  welcome to my blog. This is my first time writing one and I am super excited to get started! I hope you will enjoy this journey with me and hopefully come upon some useful tips that may help you with your own projects.  I also welcome any edits or corrections so please feel free to write to me directly and I will include your edits with proper credit.
In this first article I will talk briefly about myself, followed by the idea and my reason for starting this journey.  So without further ado, let's get started.
As you have likely guessed from the title, my name is Ricky. I am currently working for a firm as a Senior Network Administrator in the Greater Toronto Area. I have been in the field of networking for more than 10 years. I started out as a Junior Network Engineer for a very well known Canadian retail corporation. Prior to that I graduated with Honours from Sheridan Community College with an Advanced Diploma in Systems Analyst.  I have been around computers all my life and it was just natural for me to follow my passion into the field of Information Technology.   I acquired my first Cisco certification, CCNA in Routing & Switching back in 2011.  This was  followed by a CCNA Security and CCNA Wireless soon after.  I find that my work requires me to learn not one or two skills but a variety of them all at the same time and more.  Over the last several years, I have learned many skills and tricks simply by hands-on experience and not taught by any courses.  It is these skills that I will try to share with you on this blog with the hope that someone may find something useful in solving any issues that may come up on their own networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment